Okay, so I've been complaining relentlessly about the gloomy weather. I mentioned in one of my thousand caffeine-fueled posts about how God turned up the heat in the last two days. Well, now our house is absolutely sweltering, and very unfortunately, the hottest room of the house after 2:00 is Ben's. Boooooo. He napped horribly yesterday because he was so uncomfortable, the obvious consequence of which was that he was a holy terror for the rest of the evening. Last night when Matt and I went into his room after our date he was swimming in sweat, and his room was staggeringly hot and stuffy, with the fan on and the window wide open. Ugh. So we grabbed the box fan from the living room and rigged it in the window. Instant ghetto air conditioner.
Within minutes his was by far the coolest room in the house. The downside? Ben is incapable of sleep when there is any modicum of light (hence the blackout curtains) or non-ambient sound. But we didn't want him to die of heat stroke in his sleep, so we took the chance. As suspected, at 6:30am he was awake and calling for me (which was a super treat since Starbucks Girl's indiscretion last night had me up until 3:00am). I went into his room to find him bouncing on his bed shouting "window!" with great alacrity.
Damn.
Ideas, anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment