Note: If you're wondering about the proliferation of blog entries this evening, it's currently 12:07am and I'm wide awake. Because I woke up before 6am and had a pretty active and long day, and because I usually have a hard time staying awake until 10:00 on days like today, I'm guessing the young lady at Starbucks did not, as I requested, make my Iced Mocha decaf.
Earlier this week the sun finally came out! Hooray! This is good news, because I was starting to get really bitter about the entire first half of my summer vacation being consumed by clouds and gloom, thus making it very difficult for me to go to the beach, swim in a pool, be in a good mood...simple things like that. But on Monday the sun came out at last. It looked like it was going to be a slow transition. Over the weekend Mr. Sun started peeking out in the evenings. Monday it was actually sunny when I woke up. It was a really nice day--perfect July weather. Mid-70s, slight breeze. A little cooler than average, but a nice movement in the summer direction. Tuesday it was 85. Today it was 93. Um, that was unfortunate. I know I've been whining about the gloom and all, and I asked the sun to come out. But I did not ask to buy a house on the surface of the sun. Man was it hot today. But we're here to talk about Monday. Perfect Monday Weather. After our trip to the park we had lunch then pulled out the blow-up pool. The kids went nuts, I soaked up some vitamin D--the gloom lifted a bit. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment