Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Date with Selah

Last week B and me met up with my girlfriend and her daughter at Irvine Spectrum (a local outdoor mall). It's been cloudy and gloomy waaaaay beyond June Gloom. But the sun peeked out for a little bit toward the latter part of our visit. There's a fountain in which kiddos can run and play. I usually don't let Ben play in it unless we have clothes to change into (learned that the hard way...maybe a few times). Since it had been cloudy that morning (and the entire month leading up to it), I had not packed his swim suit or an extra change of clothes. Fortunately there is a Carter's adjacent to the fountain, and at the time they were having their big $3 sale. So I bought Ben a pair of $3 basketball shorts and he and Selah ran amok. Fun. I did, you will be pleased to know, maintain my excellent record of never having a towel. Go me.


After the fountain we had lunch, which included chocolate cake. More fun.


Earlier in the day he also had the supreme treat of chocolate milk from Starbucks, which he asked for by name. I have no idea how he even knows chocolate milk exists, much less that it's desirable. I'm sure I have one of his seven grandparents or six great grandparents to thank for it. What a spoiled little boy. :)

No comments: