Tuesday, July 27, 2010

More Pictures of Another Cloudy Beach Day

Seriously--I'd begin to believe it will never get sunny, except that I know that's not true. The sun will come out...probably the day I have to go back to work. Then I will be miserable and sweaty in my classroom until January and the 10 week beach window will be closed.

That's not true. Well, not entirely. I'm actually one of the blessed few that have AC in my classroom. I won't lie--it's heaven on those 90 degree days in November. And I won't be miserable, per se. I'll be hamming it up with my students, acting like an idiot and cracking my kids up, probably having a great time, and/or reading essays. But the part about the 10 week beach window being closed will be true. Well, mostly true. There are still weekends. And unlike last year when I was all mad that it was hot and sunny in December and I was bitter because I wanted to drink hot chocolate under a blanket, cause that's what you do in December, I'm going to embrace it. I think that's my new thing--pretending like whatever weather is happening is correct and just going with it. So if that means curling up with a hot cocoa in July and going to the beach in December, so be it. Suck out that marrow, even if it's seasonally inappropriate.

Anyway. Waaaaay off topic. We went to the beach again this weekend, despite the gloom. Because that's how we roll. The sun came out about 15 minutes before we left. Man were those 15 minutes good. Well, the whole thing was good. It's not like it was cold. But the sun just makes the beach better. And...there I go again. Sorry. Seize the Day or whatever.

1 comment:

Israel Food Outreach said...

Awesome album! So important to film & keep these. Wish we had the film/photo capabilities when your Mama was his age . . however, we have many of you & Jared. Thank you, Jesus! lv u, Girl . .