I really really did not want to be stuck with an afternoon test. I hate the buildup--I'd rather take it first thing in the morning than sit around half the day going between the clock and the books. But I had no choice...1:30 was my time.
We did the AIDS walk first thing this morning. We've done it for the last few years, and I wasn't sure if I would do it this year because of the test. But I'm glad I did. I've been studying night and day for so long that I really needed to just feel refreshed going into it. But I still had three hours to kill between the walk and the test. So I studied for a couple of hours and called it quits. I had lunch with my boys and hung out for a bit.
Fortuitously, the testing site was literally two blocks from my apartment. But somehow the directions were still a full paragraph long. After winding through a strange complex of buildings and parking structures, I reached my destination and sandwiched my car in between two Russia-sized SUVs (totally necessary in Costa Mesa) in compact spots. I grabbed my ID, ticket, and four freshly sharpened pencils (one if which broke when I got in the building).
I sat in a cramped, un-airconditioned room while the proctor laughed and rambled on about the inkless thumbprint and the fact that she loves proctoring the CSET because we're all already used to taking tests, and that's so convenient for her. We got started after a guy asked to go to the bathroom and she said "Can you make it quick? Are you Quick-Draw McGaw?" (not awkward at all) He was.
39 multiple choice questions, most of which I knew, a few of which inspired "WTF?" flitting through my head. 3 essay questions, two of which I knew, one of which was B to the S. Good thing I have a degree in English and a truly astounding vocabulary. It took me a little over an hour.
I came home to Ben watching Baby Einstein with cherry-red eyes because he hasn't napped all day. He's screaming in his crib right now. So I'm feeling pretty celebratory.
Next up: American History in July.
2 comments:
Shannon,
YOU ROCK*!*!*!
I absolutely LOVE reading your blog!
I pray your July test will be in an air-conditioned facility...in the morning!
I can't say much else....YOU are smart, YOU will ace it, and I love YOU, sweet niece!
Love ... Auntie Sue
So enjoy your blog and all the darling pictures of the family. Just wait until he walks-at least he has gravity holding him back but once he starts to walk there will be no holding him back :)
See you soon,
Love,
Grammie
Post a Comment