So we're in the process of buying a new car because our trusty Corolla Jose felt he didn't need a catalytic converter (whatever that is--all I know is it's freakin' expensive). Because the registration's expired and he could get towed, we can't drive him. So we've been a one-horse family for a few days. My mom drove me to and from work for a couple of days, and yesterday I drove Matt to and from work because I was off work (we'll discuss that later). This weekend Matt was on the schedule to play at church. The car situation made this tricky--his pick-up and drop-off times were supposed to be during Ben's naps. I don't know if I've mentioned this eight million times, but Ben is a complete nightmare when he doesn't get his sleep. Anyhow...back to the original story. So Ben and I dropped Matt off at church around 3:45. When we got home, Ben cried for about 45 minutes because he felt like 40 minutes was just fine for an afternoon nap (I didn't agree). I wasn't sure we'd go to church at all, but after one and a half rounds of Baby Einstein and a hearty dinner, he was doing much better. So I decided to go for it. As soon as I left the parking lot I knew something was wrong. But we live adjacent to a freeway, and all the curbs are red. So I had to drive a little ways to get to a parking lot, by which time I knew I had a flat. Sure enough, I did. Of course I don't know how to change a tire (that's why I have a husband), and of course said husband was minutes away from going on stage at church. So I called him, called AAA, and tried to entertain the monkey in the parking lot while we waited. Jim from A&B Towing came and we were home fairly soon.So now we have zero working cars, I still have hives in my eyes and still need unicorn tears, Ben's exploring the house in his diaper while I type, and I just smelled something ripe. I'm going to go change the monkey's diaper, give him his bath, feed him, and put him to bed a wee bit early because it's kind of been a stressful week.
Now I really have to go because he's redecorating the house with the bills.
No comments:
Post a Comment