Friday, May 8, 2009

Knott's Berry Farm

You may recall my things I'm looking forward to list. Today I embarked upon item #1: Knott's Berry Farm. Since I'm going twice within a few weeks, I invited my mom and Ben along for this one. We had a great time. We walked around, met Snoopy (whom he actually liked), rode the train, and meandered about.



When the kids came to check in mid-day, I learned the extend of Ben's love for girls. Now, you should know that until today Ben has been a pretty shy guy. He's not super friendly until he gets the lay of the land. He typically isn't too into other people holding him, and he's generally reticent when he meets new people. Once he gets comfortable, he's Mr. Social. But initially he's fairly reserved. Well, apparently not anymore. He let my co-chaperon hold him right off the bat. And he was all smiles and fun, too. And then check-in came. A group of four sixth grade girls came, and he went nuts. He was reaching for them, giving them hugs, stroking their hair, and grinning from ear to ear. I've NEVER seem him do anything like it. It was the funniest, cutest thing ever.


By 2:00, his normal nap time, he passed out. Unfortunatly this lulled us into a false sense of security. He woke up 20 minutes later, and didn't sleep anymore for the rest of the afternoon. Disaster. He was grumpy but okay until his snack was gone at 3:00, then he lost it. My mom took him home, and he screamed the whole way. Then he continued to cry until Matt got home around 4:30. When I got home I expected a nightmare. He was all smiles and energy, though. He was crawling and laughing and playing. Then when he couldn't reach the window blinds (presumably to eat them), he freaked out. Time for bed...a little early.

My legs are killing me and I'm exhausted...but it was a good day. We had a great time with the students, I had fun with my mom and Ben, and I learned a few things about my kid...like his love for older women and an inability to nap in his stroller.

No comments: