So I've been trying to find ways to exercise. This isn't easy...not the actual exercising; that's fine. It's the finding ways (and time) that is proving difficult. On a typical weekday, I'm up at 5:30 getting ready, getting Ben up and ready at 6:30, on my way to work at 7:15, working all day, home around 3:30, giving Ben a snack when he wakes up between 3:30 and 4:00, making dinner, straightening up the house, eating dinner, feeding Ben, running errands/spending time with the fam, putting Ben to bed, siiiiigh......it's 7:30. At that point I'm studying or half-conscious on the couch watching TV. So when do I work out? Hmmmm.....after Ben goes to bed? Alas, I'm SO exhausted from my insane day I can't imagine drumming up the energy to drive to the gym much less work out. Not only that, but if I did end up working out at 8:00 at night, I'd need to shower upon getting home. Between working out and showering, I wouldn't be able to fall asleep until 1 in the morning. So that won't work. Get up an hour earlier? That's going to happen. I'd crash somewhere around fourth period. So this is my pickle. We've tried the family walk after dinner, but unfortunately our apartment complex is sandwiched between one of the busiest streets in the city and the freeway, so to take a walk we'd have to drive somewhere. We used to walk around the parking lot of our complex. It's only about a half a mile, though, and it's the most boring, unscenic walk EVER. So this morning I thought I'd give something a try. Matt's at church until this afternoon, so after he left this morning I set Ben up with some toys and threw in Billy Blanks. At first Ben was smiling and clapping, seemingly fascinated by his mother making an idiot of herself. But seven minutes in Ben was whining and trying to climb up my leg (which I really needed to do all those Taebo Funk moves). I tried redirecting him, but to no avail.
Sigh. Back to the drawing board.
1 comment:
working out.
ew
eating.
yay!!
Post a Comment