The last few days have been fairly eventful. So many things have changed and unchanged and whatnot it's a little challenging to keep track. But I will attempt to update you.
1. Remember my fun list? Well, the June 12 trip to Knott's is out. I'm bummed because I had my mom and Ben join me on the last one to have baby fun because I knew I'd be going back in June to have grown-up fun. AND my bestie Erin was going to meet up with me there and we were going to make Knott's rue the day. But now there will be no rue-ing. Apparently one teacher has to stay behind to babysit the kids who didn't earn enough service points to go, and since apparently my homeroom had the largest number of kids who were too lazy to earn the points, apparently I have to stay behind. Guess who will be rue-ing the day now? They will suffer for this.
2. Just a couple of hours after I found out I would not be going to Knott's on June 12 I received a call from one of my wonderful friends asking me to be in our church's next play thingy, Funny Bone. It's a night of funny scenes and songs. We've done it before, and it's always super good; our church has a ridiculously talented drama team. I was on it for many years, but I quit this year because it's a big time commitment (lots of slumber parties and meetings) and in the last couple of years there has been very little actual performing. Since I had a newborn, it just wasn't going to be worth it to me. So I was a little surprised but very excited to get the call. It's been a year and a half since I've acted, and I'm getting antsy. The coincidence? The show is June 12-13. I'm acting and directing, which is very exciting. There has been a good smattering of drama already, but I can handle it. I can. I will not get frustrated. This is for fun.
3. I took the CSET. I'm pretty sure I passed. Now I'm studying American History.
4. The registration on our car expired a while back. I got it smogged, but it failed because the check engine light was on. We really haven't had the time or money to get it checked and fixed, so we paid the registration and have just been in limbo. I got pulled over the other day and got a ticket. The lady said she could tow me, but she felt bad about our situation and said she wouldn't, but I can't drive the car anymore because another officer could pull me over and tow the car on the spot. So that afternoon I took the car in, and my mom is now taking me to and from work (an uncomfortable flashback to high school). So we heard back from the car place yesterday; $2100 to fix it just enough to pass smog. That's about the worth of my car at this point. So we're right where we were less than a year ago, pretty much needing to buy a new car. Do we have the money? Kind of, but not really. Fortunately we have two long weekends starting tomorrow where we only need one car, so we have a little bit of time to make our decision and figure out what we're going to do. In the meantime, please pray for us, that we make the right decision and that I don't freak out. Also, that in acqiring a new car payment (and we finally have to start making payments on my student loans) we can still afford groceries and diapers. I have COMPLETE faith in God in this...and financially we're probably fine. But it's stressful. And I hate the car-buying process.
5. I am pleased at the outcome of American Idol. This may be the first year I buy the album of the winner. And maybe even a few other finalists.
6. The season finale of Lost was out of control.
Okay, I think that's everything.
2 comments:
Nice update mama. :)
I know you will make it through this and make the right decision for all of you. We hated taking on a new car payment but we were in the same situation as you back in January. Good luck! We are doing it, it's a pinch financially but we're doing it truly by the grace of God.
Post a Comment