This trip was pretty nice. There wasn’t much traffic, so the drive wasn’t so bad. And the weather was perfect. It was also really nice to just have it be our little threesome and the parents; a first, I believe. We usually at least have Megan with us whenever they come and visit. So while we love the big family, it was nice for Ben to have some focused time with his Grammie and Grandpa Carl. We hit most of the favorites, and Ben was spoiled rotten, of course (that’s what grandmas are for, right?). Obviously he didn’t sleep at all. He was a total wreck at one point, hanging off the side of his stroller and screaming bloody murder. He’s a real peach when he doesn’t sleep. But we had a great time, and we went to a nice, early dinner afterwards at O’Brother’s (best friggin’ burgers ever—everything is organic and ridiculously delicious). Ben slept on the way home and went to bed (almost) without a fight.














To our wonderful family, Bev, Carl, Scott, Becki, Fynley, Megan, and Alex—thank you for a crazy, fun-filled weekend. We are so glad you came down!
To my bed: we will be reunited someday, I promise. Until then, I will think about you as often as I can, which is pretty much all the time at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment