Friday, April 30, 2010

San Diego Etc. Extravaganza Part 4: Disneyland

We got a reasonable quantity of sleep and set out once again Sunday morning for what we thought would be our last day with the family. We went to Disneyland, because Ben hadn’t yet spent enough sleepless hours in a car and at amusement parks. Fortunately Disneyland is only a 20 minute drive instead of a 90 minute drive, so that was good. It’s also very familiar, which was much needed after three days of the unknown. One of my very good friends, who has cancer, was going to be having a birthday party that afternoon, which I absolutely could not miss. So we knew we were only going to have a few precious hours to play, and we needed them to count. We did a surprising amount of Disneyland in just four short hours. The kids, of course, had a great time, and Matt and I actually got to go on a big kid ride (it’s been a while) while Grammie took the kiddos to the petting zoo (I have been a Disneyland passholder for many years, and somehow I never knew there was a petting zoo).









After having lunch in Toontown, we said our good-byes and went home. It was a bittersweet end to a bittersweet weekend. We were so sad to leave our family, but we were so. very. exhausted. And for an introvert like me…well, by my count it had been a solid two weeks since I’d had any free time of any kind. I lost it in the car on the way home. Well, I almost did. I sat on the brink and managed to keep myself together until we got home, when I put Ben down for his first nap in three days then holed myself up in my room. I missed my friend’s party. I felt horrible, but I was so tired and so in need of a break from the human race. So I took a nap and read my book instead. One can only do so much.

To be continued…

No comments: