Wednesday, April 7, 2010

One Life

It is a beautiful day. Well, it's dry, hot, and windy, so my allergies are out of control. But after being in the snow and freezing cold for a few days, I'm actually grateful for the "spring" in Spring Break. Ben slept in. I watched TV, sipped coffee, and knitted. I got Ben up, we ate breakfast, and I showered while he watched Sesame Street. He played while I cleaned his bathroom. I came out to the living room to check on him before starting our bathroom. He was happily and busily playing with his cars. He didn't even notice me. I started to move away to clean the other bathroom, but I hesitated.

It's Spring Break. I have three days alone with my mini muffin. Clean the bathroom, or sit with him while he plays.


I grabbed my knitting, plopped down on the floor next to the couch (I can't sit on the couch when he plays with his cars--it's his track), and watched my little man play.


I have to go now. He just made me bacon and spaghetti in his kitchen.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I LOVE those kind of mornings! :) Only I overindulge and never clean the bathroom ... oops.