Lately we have been finding ourselves deep in the "school-aged child" life. Ben is officially a little boy these days. My baby is most assuredly not a baby anymore. Sob. Except that he still loves to cuddle. Do you think he will still want to do that when he's fifteen? Is that creepy and weird? Shut up, I love him. And Emma's not a cuddler.
Anyway, some of my mom friends and I wanted to put our kiddos in soccer, but we didn't want to pay up the butthole for them to stand in a field and pick their noses while some teenager in droopy pants stands around saying, "okay, uh, kick the ball or something." (Because I'm assuming that that's what city parks and rec sports programs are like. Because I'm super knowledgeable about it.) Since my friends and I all had babies at the same time, we decided to start our own soccer team at a local park (yep--my friends and I have enough three/four-year-olds to form a soccer team). So every Friday afternoon at 4 (well, 4:15 for the Millers, because
Matt some people can't get their butt out of work on time) we meet at a park. A couple dads
herd the cats teach the kids soccer while the moms sit on a blanket with their babies (yep--a bunch of us had another baby around the same time) and see who's getting the least amount of sleep and talk about deep and meaningful grown-up things like boobs, poop, boogers, and cloth diapers.
Yes, it's as awesome as it sounds. And it's free.
 |
| Ben is excited he scored a goal. Don't worry about the fact that all the other kids are doing something else. |
 |
| Let's play "Find Ben" |
 |
| Little pals |
 |
| Let's play "Which Direction Is Ben Facing?" |
 |
| ha! Poor Ben. |
 |
| Closing Duck Duck Goose |
Also in the realm of Big Boy Evidence? Ben's first invitation to a birthday party for a school friend. You know, the kind that's at the bounce house party place, and everyone in the class got an invite? Ben is so excited about the bounce house party. I'm so excited that I never have to throw a party and invite his entire class (raise your hand if you suddenly love the summer birthday thing). We all win, here.
1 comment:
I feel bad for Ben. Maybe he can have a party with a few friends instead of the whole dang class? I was a July birthday girl. I recall a 5th birthday party. (I actually remember that I cried when my Mom cut my cute cake.) I don't remember having another birthday "party" until I turned 21. But the party was pre-empted when we all ran into the house to watch Neil Armstrong walk on the moon. (Okay....I'm old, but don't you dare laugh.) Then I became old enough to plan my own birthday parties....YAY.
Love you sooooo much, Auntie Sue
Post a Comment