It happened. We finally went on an adventure. A couple of weekends ago, we really had no plans. So I emailed my beloved husband on Friday afternoon, and I gave him three choices for an adventure. Saturday came around, and I don't really remember why, but we were having an "off" morning. So we opted for a smaller adventure and went to ride the train at Fairview Park.
The Journey: Piece of cake. We live close by, but even if you don't, it's not far from a few freeways and easy to find.
The Price: Free!
The Highlights: It's at a park, so it doesn't just have to be about riding the train. Also--the train ride itself is quite long. Emma and I didn't ride (you can't hold kids), so for us the long wait was kind of boring. But it wasn't about us, so that's fine. I like that it was a long ride because that means it's actually worth doing. It's also a fun, random, and easy adventure. It's good to have a few of those in your pocket for days when you need to get the littles out of the house but you don't have the time, money, or energy for a major adventure.
The Downsides: It only happens the second Saturday of the month, and only if the weather permits. So...this isn't something you can do just anytime. Also, because it happens so infrequently, the line is pretty long. Fortunately for Ben the line took place in a big pile of rocks for him to play with. Also, since Emma and I weren't riding, Matt and Ben were alone, and they ended up being able to skip the second half of the line because they had a random spot on the train for just two, and apparently there were only large parties in front of them.
Yay! Something fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment