I am woefully behind on posting. It probably doesn't seem like it because I've been posting a little here and there to tide you over. But we've had quite a month. I've had a good dozen posts a-brewing, but who has time? What with the laundry and the cooking and the fun-having, I just can't find the
time energy desire to talk about, well, anything. We've been busy little bees, and I have been a smidge under the weather. So if the kids are both napping, so am I. But I've had things to tell you. Like how Alton Brown almost burned down my kitchen with his turkey recipe (Don't worry--there was no actual burning. Just smoke. A lot of smoke. And a quick lesson that, as it turns out, our kitchen exhaust fan is crap. But the turkey turned out delicious.). Like how Emma still wakes up every 2-3 hours at night (sometimes every hour), and I sat on the couch and sobbed my head off one night because I'm so friggin' tired and I'm not sure how much longer I can handle this before I totally lose it. Like Emma's Christmas face: a lovely teething rash/winter rash combo. Or Ben's total obsession with candy canes, and how he's broken more than I even thought we had because maybe he thinks I'll let him eat it if it's broken (I don't). Or Ben's other obsession with the short Christmas movie
Prep and Landing. Or his unreal recall and comprehension abilities. And the fact we made it through the holiday without going to Urgent Care or the ER or any other medical facility of any kind (except to pick up Emma's omeprazole refill, which is apparently the hardest medicine on the planet to make). Also, my reunion week wherein I'm getting to spend time with friends I haven't caught up with in ages. The next few posts (who are we kidding--the next several months) will be photo-heavy and narrative-light. Then again, you probably like that better. My children's faces are much more interesting than my prose. So for this post I shall simply give you miscellaneous snapshots of December in general. Or something. And they are in no particular order because both of my cameras recently started over with their numbering, so all the pictures in my file are out of order. This kind of gives me hives, but I have to deal with it. Maybe someone should hold me.
 |
| My bestie Heathyr from way back in sixth grade is out for the week. Yay! |
 |
| Benjamin has been very helpful in demonstrating how Emma's presents work. So selfless. |
 |
| Emma has been loving her brother. She thinks he's the bee's knees. |
 |
| This is what our bedroom looked like for a couple of weeks. This is what happens when you do this. |
 |
| My brother turned 30, and we had some family come down and celebrate. Emma was a hit. |
 |
| Here's the ol' 30 year old. |
 |
| Boys are weird. |
 |
| We've been spending a lot of time outside in our backyard. Ben plays while Emma and I watch. |
 |
| We went on our second annual Christmas Lights Walk on Balboa Island with my parents. |
 |
| Ben insists on having Emma in the tub with him. It's so cute. Last night I bought her a little seat so she can actually bathe with him and it's a little easier for the parents. |
 |
| We've gone on a few walks/bike rides around the neighborhood. |
 |
| Love this face. |
 |
| Ben is working hard on his garden. |
 |
| The kiddos and I went for a treat at Starbucks one morning. I heart Christmas break. |
 |
| Emma's Christmas face. Festive, no? |
 |
| This goes with the top picture. (Remember the out of order thing? It would probably be faster to just move the pictures, but it's too late now.) Emma was a champ while we were out late with Heathyr and her family. |
| | | |
| Ben and James. They are six days apart. We love that, because Heathyr and I are three days apart. But it made for an interesting meal. Sorry, El Torito. |
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment