Tuesday, December 20, 2011

First Sleepover

Our friends just had a baby. They had B at their house while I was having Emma, so I offered to take their two 3-year-olds for a night so they could focus on Miss Sophia. It was our first sleepover. Man--three three-year-olds and a four-month-old is a lot of kids. All you parents of multiples--I bow to you. This place was chaos. But we had a lot of fun. We had dinner, then put jammies on for hot chocolate, candy canes, and a Christmas movie. Then everyone was in bed by 8:00. Except the giggling. And a few minor tiffs over some LED candles. Of course, it couldn't be that easy. Emma woke up every hour, screaming and writhing. Grrrrrrr. When will this girl's drama end?!?!? I'm TIRED. Anyway. That's neither here nor there. All kids were up by 6:30am, whispering. Man Alive. But they had a fun day. There were a few minor skirmishes over puzzles and the scooter, but for the most part they were in friend heaven.










Ben ended up not taking a nap in the afternoon. Then when Matt came home at 4:30 I ran to the post office. I came back to this:


I guess he really didn't need that nap. He showed me.

No comments: