Things I feel like doing today:
Shopping
Going to the zoo
Getting Ben's bed and finally putting the kids' room together
Decorating the kids' room
Cleaning (yes...I actually feel like cleaning. Not because it sounds fun, but because the house is filthy and that's driving me crazy.)
Playing trains with Ben
Going to the pool
Going to the beach
Things I get to do today:
Lay on my side on the couch, staring at the dust and laundry that thickly coats the coffee table
Watch Ben play
Breastfeed
Depend on others for just about everything
My body fiercely fought back and got sassy after I began to attempt to fold some clothes and take a walk to the park. Apparently there are legitimate medical reasons for limiting your activity. Apparently mine was not the first panicked phone call my midwife has ever received from a postpartum mom. Apparently my body can either heal or do stuff, not both. I have been duly reprimanded.
So I'm taking it easy and trying to think of ways to ease the burdens on my husband, enjoy this time, stay distracted for the next several weeks, and plan fun things to do when I am sufficiently physically recovered. Sigh.
I have been instructed by my midwife to accept any and all offers of assistance. So if anyone wants to clean my bathroom, bring us food, or take Ben to the park (which he asks to visit every single day), give me a call. Particularly that last one, so Matt can take a break too. Little Miss E becomes Loud Crankypants from about 10pm-1am each night, and while we take turns we have a little house and no one gets to sleep during that time. Which makes us all a little bit Crankypants.
Now I'm going to have some Designated Rest Time, since the little angel will be waking soon.
1 comment:
I love you BIG, and wish I could help you. But yesterday we had to go to the Sawdust Festival and today we checked into our hotel room (actually it's a one-bedroom suite) so I can hang out with my classmates this weekend and go to a wedding. Other than that and all the visits we have been doing, life is .... AWESOME!
Love to my #1 niece from your favorite auntie!
Post a Comment