Tuesday, August 16, 2011
New Life
Matt went back to work yesterday. I will admit--there were parts of it that were hard. Really hard. Like when I was rocking Emma as she was screaming after a hiccup/puke marathon, and Ben was wailing and pulling on my arms because he wanted me to do puzzles with him. That was not my favorite moment. But on the whole, I rocked it. By 8:00am I was showered, dressed, and fed; my children were both dressed and fed; the dishes were done; the trash was taken out; the living room was picked up; Emma was down for nap #1; and Ben and I were playing with cars. Throughout the day I cared for the newbie, played with the big one, got some errands taken care of, spent time with a friend, took a nap, made dinner, walked to the park with the kids, and generally put June Cleaver to shame. I really enjoyed my new little life. Of course, Princess Reflux got a little high maintenance in the evening, and I didn't settle in to watch Secret Life of the American Teenager relax until 9:00pm. But in all, I'd say Day One went well. Besides all of the crying, puking, explosive poops, and overall excessive generation of laundry. But seriously, I can totally do this. Especially when the rewards are so dang sweet:
2 comments:
I love you and miss you and your family BIG. THANK YOU for sharing time with us while we were in the neighborhood. (I did NOT say 'hood.)
(((HUGS))) and ***KISSES***
Auntie Sue and Uncle Millard
And, by the way, the b/w picture of you and Emma....AWESOME!!!!! I love it, and it needs to be on a big poster or billboard or at least matted/framed and on the wall. My wall.
I love you...Auntie Sue
Post a Comment