On Saturday I turned one month old. Mommy didn't take pictures or blog about it then because I broke out in a crazy heat rash and cried all day, so there were not a lot of photo ops. But my rash is fading and sometimes I take a break from screaming, so now we're back.
So I'm one month old and pretty cool. At my 3-week doctor appointment I weighed 8 pounds 5 ounces and was 21 inches, which is just fine (and pretty great for a reflux baby). I'm starting to sleep better, which my mommy and daddy and brother really appreciate. My reflux is a little better. I haven't puked hard-core in over a week, which is cool. I still get uncomfortable during and after many meals, so I cry. I am fussy in the morning and in the evening between medication doses, but otherwise I'm a pretty content kid. Well, except for the last few days. Man, is it hot here. I have a heat rash, and it's itchy, so I cry about it. Yesterday my friends came to visit from Washington and I cried for half the time they were here, because I wanted to make their vacation special.
 |
| too hot for clothes |
I don't just cry, though. I can do other stuff. I impress everyone with my muscles. True story. I can hold my head up steady and straight when I'm sitting up, put weight on my legs and pretend to stand when Mommy holds me, do push-ups, and roll over from my belly to my back. Seriously--I'm tough stuff. Mommy thinks it's like a survival thing so that I can defend myself from my very loving big brother.
 |
| and...one hundred! whew, good workout. |
But the best thing that I do is smile! I don't do it often--see above comments about reflux, heat rash, and crying. But when I'm in a decent mood, I'll flash a quick smile. The person who makes me smile the most is my big brother Benjamin. He's pretty funny. After aforementioned (I know--I have a pretty good vocabulary for a one-month-old. My mom's an English teacher.) Scream Day, while Ben was napping I played with Mommy and smiled enough for her to finally snap a picture of it (but a blurry one, because I move a lot). Here's me smiling:
So yeah, I'm pretty awesome.
2 comments:
Yes you are, Miss Emma...yes, you are.
. . . and THAT'S the truth!!
Post a Comment