It's that time again. Time to whip out the old optimism. It's spring, the students are getting restless, the toddler is getting insane, and things like sleep and time to eat are getting harder to come by. Here are things I'm looking forward to (aka things that will give me the will to get out of bed each day until June 16):
1. Spring Break. It's so stinking late this year...oy. But the good news is we're just days away, and once it's over the rest of the year will go by in a flash.
2. Speaking of Spring Break, we kick it off with a bang. After two three-year-old birthday parties Saturday morning, my mom and step-dad are taking Ben Saturday night while Matthew and I relax, sleep in, and lay around in our pj's all Sunday morning watching inappropriate TV and reading for fun. I could cry I'm so excited. I love my son, but man do I miss sleeping in and laying around in my pj's all morning watching inappropriate TV and reading for fun.
3. Speaking of Sunday, after we get our child back, we're headed to La Jolla/San Diego for a getaway, just the three of us. A hotel, pool, the zoo, the beach, and our last bash as a family of three. I'm giddy. Well, mostly. There's the whole sharing a hotel room with a small child thing that could potentially be unpleasant. But I'm avoiding that reality.
4. The rest of Spring Break. With no plans. Giddy, I tell you.
5. The End of BTSA. Forever. And ever. Have I used the word giddy?
6. June 17.
No comments:
Post a Comment