Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Grand Return

 

I'd love to say that Matt's first day home has been a blissful montage of joy and love, but it hasn't. Honestly, it's been rough. I mean, Matt coming home hasn't been rough. It's wonderful. I obviously love finally having my hubby home. He got here at 11:00, so it was a late night. This morning when Ben woke up he didn't want to have anything to do with Matt. He wanted me, and he wanted TV. It took a while for him to warm back up to daddy. Once he did, it was sweet. He wouldn't leave Matt's side for anything. We went out to breakfast, and that's where the battle lines were drawn. For the rest of the day Ben was a crabby mess. We're talking melt-downs about everything. Everything. Food, activities, what room we're in, nap time, clothing...you name it, the answer was a tantrum. There have definitely been bright moments, but on the whole the day has been exhausting and trying. I don't know if he's having a hard time transitioning back to having Matt here, if he didn't sleep enough, or if he's not feeling well, but man oh man has he been a piece of work.

Here's hoping for a brighter tomorrow...

No comments: