Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sweet and Saucy

So all tomato saucy sweaters and tub floaters aside, there are more than enough of the *other* kinds of motherhood moments.


Like when Ben (actually) shares his sand toys with a little girl at the park.

Like when he reads his “car book,” pointing to the pictures and naming the characters.

Like when he counts “one, two, three, nine.”

Like when he dances, claps, squeals with delight, and points out his "dada" when Matt plays on stage at church.

Like when he runs across the house to give me a hug and a kiss before going back to playing with his cars.

Like when he is watching Thomas and he puts my head in his lap and strokes my hair.

Like when I’m changing his diaper and he says “Mommy hug” and holds out his arms.

Like when Molly sends me pictures of him playing at daycare and I almost cry because I can’t believe how absolutely wonderful he is.

No comments: