Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blooper Reel

Some highlights from yesterday...

I went to Ralph's on my way home to pick up a couple of random things we needed for dinner. It was already a pain because a Sonic just opened up next door and they've got half the city shut down, literally blocking the street that enters our neighborhood. Ralph's is across the street. Also, the employees park on our street, which was already a parking nightmare. I feel like in order to compensate me for the damages I should get free slushies and/or banana milkshakes whenever I want.

Anyway, I was telling a story. Sorry. I went to Ralph's, and I only had two items. So naturally I went to the express aisle. There was one guy in front of me, and he only had like five things. I was thinking I'd be out of there in no time. Nope. His total was $25.27; he wrote a check for $25 and then paid 27 cents in change. Nickles and pennies.

Eventually I purchased my potatoes and milk and walked out to the parking lot to my car, where a teenage-looking young woman in an orange vest that indicated she was a shopping card guard was leaning against my driver's side door and texting.

When Matt and I were on our way home last night after running errands we stopped at a red light. We heard some pretty loud music coming our way (our windows were closed). So I looked over, and what did I see? A beefy, scruffy guy that looked like a Hell's Angel driving a Suburban with Barbara Streisand blasting away.

People are funny.

No comments: