of peace.
of quiet.
of me time.
of quiet.
of me time.
One hour a week...
when Matthew takes the crazy monkey out on a man date.
when I can do what I want to do, not what I should do.
when daddy does the work and I get to rest.
One hour a week...
to watch my shows.
to read.
to play with pictures.
to rest.
One hour a week...
is never enough.
when I can do what I want to do, not what I should do.
when daddy does the work and I get to rest.
One hour a week...
to watch my shows.
to read.
to play with pictures.
to rest.
One hour a week...
is never enough.
This week, though, was different. Right as Matthew was headed out the door, the lights went out in Santa Ana. I scrambled to find the lighter and light a few candles. Of course my cell phone battery died, and my laptop battery is on the fritz. Matthew asked if I wanted to head out with him and Ben, and I almost did. But then I changed my mind.
One hour...
of quiet.
of candlelight.
the only options: read and pray.
One sweet, peaceful hour.
of quiet.
of candlelight.
the only options: read and pray.
One sweet, peaceful hour.
When the boys came home, Matthew put Benjamin to bed and we played Scrabble by candlelight.
Sometimes things are better when the world gets quiet and dark.
The power is back on now. I checked facebook and my friend Kristen's blog for updates from her husband, Mark. She and Karis (her nine month old daughter) are still in Haiti, and Mark hasn't heard from her yet, and he hasn't heard from anyone in Haiti for twelve hours. Her flight out was canceled, and he made a few different flight options for her, but he has no way of getting in touch with her to let her know. The orphanage that their son, Keenan, whom they are in the process of adopting, is in rubbles, but everyone is safe. Terrified, but safe. How is it possible for those who have nothing to lose even more?
Please pray for Kristen, her family, the orphanage, and all of those in Haiti. Please consider donating to the orphanage, Heartline Haiti, as they need to completely rebuild and provide for the children.
One hour to pray and to grieve.
No comments:
Post a Comment