Coming soon to a park/museum/hiking trail/beach/attraction near you (if you happen to live in Orange County): The Miller Family.Yes, that's right! We're taking August Adventures to the next level! We're sucking the marrow out of life! We're taking the county by storm! We're...okay, we're bored, and we're looking for new things to do. I figure people vacation in Orange County all the time (I know--I have to drive behind them), and they're here for something. I'm also working on my gratitude thing, wherein I'm learning to love the life I have, including a certain county of residence that I may or may not incessantly complain about. And before you say, "Shannon! You can't go to all those parks/hiking trails/beaches in the winter!" allow me to remind you that it's never less than 70 d@$* degrees here. We'll be just fine.
So we've got our Orange book, our Blue book, and now our new, big, fat, Yellow book to guide us through Orange County as Hometown Tourists. These adventures will also be brought to you by Google Maps.
I've also implemented a few little gems at home to make our lives just a smidge more spicy. I have four sets of notecards: Dating Adventures, Big Adventures, Free/Cheap Adventures, and Honey-Do's. The last one's less for adventures and more so that my hunky hubby will put up the d&$* shelves already. One card must be randomly selected per week from the latter pile, and the others can be selected as desired, no less than biweekly.
So there it is. To save us from white, middle class ennui, we shall venture forth unto the County of Orange.
We will venture out to other counties as well, like Los Angeles and San Diego, but you know how I feel about being in the car longer than ten minutes. And LA. Although I'm not sure I've mentioned that here...but I really really dislike LA. Like a lot. But there are some okay adventures there. Sigh. And, of course, what Hometown Tourists world tour would be complete without a visit to my hometown of Lake Arrowhead (and its environs...we moved quite a bit when I was a youngster), which is located in the county of
Look out, Southern California.
2 comments:
Once your little guy gets into the dinosaur stage of life, you MUST take a day trip to La Brea Tar Pits. It's worth it....really!
Hi Shannon,
I'm a lucker...I read, but never comment. One of our family 2010 goals was to be more tourist in our hometown as well. We live in LA (and hate it too!), but try to appreciate all that it can offer us! I'm looking forward to reading of your adventures.
ps: glad to hear your little guy is on the mend.
Post a Comment