Friday, March 6, 2009

We're pleased to inform you...

Today I got my letter from the district. And it was the good one...on cream stationary, not pink. I get to stay.

I know that there are many people in this country, particularly this state, including some friends and colleagues, who cannot share my enthusiasm right now. I have no idea why my name didn't end up in the sad face column. But I am thankful. And for those of you who are still waiting, or who have received a very different letter, I'm on my knees for you, and I pray that God will provide and take care of you (as I know he will).

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement during this extremely difficult time. I believe that it is by God's grace and provision that I get to keep my job, and that I owe this generous gift to him.

Today I am grateful.

2 comments:

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

I am so so so so so happy for you. If you were to get a pink slip, I was planning on giving you my middle school position, but I know the commute to riverside sucks! We're still waiting for Steve's note...only one week to go until we're in the clear. Anyways, I'm SO relieved for you! Can you send me your email? Karen

Kelly said...

That is awesome Shannon! I've been praying for you guys.