Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Eight Months

Today our little B is 8 months old! Hard to believe...the time is flying by. Here are a few of this month's highlights.

Our little monkey is still not crawling; but not for lack of trying. The poor guy really wants to go places. He's a pro at getting on all fours from sitting. And then he sloooowly sinks down to his stomach, where he starts flailing his limbs and crying. Well, most of the time. He's starting to figure things out. For example, as I've been typing this, he managed to get on his hands and knees while trying to get a toy. Once there, he scooted in circles, rolled over a few times, and tried to fly. He can move in circles quite deftly, and has started pushing himself backwards. He's finally getting really good at rolling, which is impressive since he never really took an interest in it before.



He's pulling himself up (or at least trying) on anything he can get a good grip on. The funniest is when he's sitting in front of his crib. He can actually grab onto the railings and pull himself up that way. It's pretty darn impressive. And the look of absolute concentration and exertion on his face is priceless.


Relating to standing is his walking. When I hold his hands, he'll walk all over the place. He can't balance enough, though, to walk on his own. I'm okay with it--once this guy gets going I have a feeling I'm going to be burning a lot of calories chasing him down in our 900 square foot apartment.

Other recent talents include blowing raspberries, blowing air, sticking his tongue out, and clapping. He also loves to pull the books off his shelf.


Right now he's laying on his side and is trying to pull himself up to sitting with his bucket. Not sure that's going to work out...but I'll keep you posted.

As for eating, the kid is not discriminating. He'll eat anything. The books say to stop feeding him when he closes his mouth or turns away. Never happens.

Now he's rolling back and forth. Funny guy.

Some of his less enjoyable habits (at least, at times, for me): The "up and down game" (he climbs on me because he wants to be picked up; I pick him up; he throws his arms around me; he lurches out of my arms; and over, and over, and over, and over...). Also, seperation anxiety seems to be setting in. No fun for mom. Apparently I'm the only person in his universe. Okay, so a part of me loves that. But the part of me that has to go to work and sometimes needs to get things done or wants a few minutes off isn't totally into it.

Apparently he's also into yoga.

Okay, so his video just ended and he's clapping, so it's off I go.

Happy 8 months, Benjamin!

No comments: