Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wheat Bread and Taebo Funk

So because I'm so cool, I rang in 2009 by sitting on my living room floor watching TV and putting together Ben's baby book. I know. You're so jealous. I party hard. Matt's celebrating 2009 by taking a nap, and now Ben's celebrating 2009 by screaming his head off because he's overtired. That's how we roll at the Millers' house.

This is the time when I suppose I should make some New Years resolutions. I don't usually make resolutions; I've been around long enough to know that I will continue to make the same resolutions and continue to abandon them within a few weeks (0r maybe days), because that's the American way. Also, I think it's lame to decide to change and become a better person only when it's time for a new year. I mean, shouldn't we always be resolving to be healthier, spend more time with God, and be better people? Well, we don't. Because we're people. But hey, maybe this year will be the one, right? Maybe this time I'll keep all my resolutions, and next year I can just say "this year I resolve to continue to be the awesome person I became last year." Or I can become super great this year, and then next year I can resolve to be EVEN MORE AWESOME. We'll see. But for now, let's have some goals.

Because I'm a woman and a Christian, of course I have the requisites:

1. Eat better and exercise (this baby weight is clearly not going anywhere on its own, despite the strongly worded conversations I've had with my belly and thighs)

2. Spend more quality time with God
3. Be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, etc.


Now for some more personal specifics:

1. Read 25 books (The funny thing is, a few years ago I read 108 books in one year. Ha ha. Having a kid changes things.)

2. Take the CSET in history

3. Find myself (Shouldn't I have done this in college? Well, I did...but then I got married and had a kid. Now I have to figure me out again.)

4. Spend at least a couple of hours each week relaxing and not stressing out

5. Get out more and spend more time with my friends

6. Go on more hot dates with my hubby

And what have I already done to make these things happen?
1. Bought
Billy Blanks Taebo Funk. You know you're jealous.
2. Bought whole grain wheat products at the store today (if you know me and my irrational hatred of the texture of whole grain wheat products, then you know this is a big deal)
3. Got a sitter for tomorrow night for a hot date with my hubby

4. Actually contacted a couple of my friends to hang out at some point

5. Whipped out
Satanic Verses. Yep. Me and Rushdie are going to spend some time together at last.

Maybe next year I'll still be fat, isolated, and spiritually weak, and I'll go into a shame spiral some time in February because I feel like a failure. Or maybe I'll actually follow through. Let's hope for the latter...

No comments: