Sunday, January 11, 2009

Random thoughts of the day

1. Cleaning up Christmas is waaaaay less fun than setting it up
2. I should have had yesterday be cleaning day

3. Dry heat + Santa Ana winds = sad, bloody-nosed, head-achy Shannon

4. January is for cold weather, not 80 degree summer weather

5. Sometimes I really like hot dogs

6. Babies produce a lot of laundry
7. I'm tired of living in a crappy apartment

8. Our honeymoon was really great...I wish we could have taken more trips together before we got pregnant and had the boy. I'm excited to take trips with Ben...but having our first romantic getaway be our last (at least until the kids are in college) is kind of lame.

9. Twilight is really stupid and I love it

10. I can't wait for the Golden Globes tonight. Celebrities (particularly Meryl Streep) + booze + acceptance speeches = funny

11. I also can't wait for 24 tonight. More specifically, I'm excited about Dave Barry's running commentary on 24.

12. I'm torn between which to watch live: the Golden Globes or 24.

13. I'm glad Ben and Emily (Clements) finally got to meet last night.

14. I don't want to go to work tomorrow. Or really ever. I want to stay at home with my kid and play with him.

15. I'm tired of going to work all day with 12-year-olds and coming home to cook, clean, and take care of my family. I like all of it...it's just a lot to fit into one day.

16. We're getting a free new couch this week. I'm really excited because it's the exact kind of couch we wanted (an L-shaped sectional), and it's usually thousands of dollars. We REALLY needed a new couch (we are the fourth owners of our current couch), but we have absolutely no money. And this one just kind of fell in our laps. Thanks Wes and Terry! Now if we could just find new homes for our current couches...


I think that's it. I've just been accumulating these random thoughts, all blog-worthy, but maybe not enough for a separate blog for each. So here they are, all jumbled together in no particular order for your reading pleasure.

And now for a gratuitous Ben moment...

You're welcome.

No comments: