My super hot hubby spent the weekend playing superdad and superhusband. I was sick as all get-out (what does that even mean anyway?), and my sweet hunk of a honey came to the rescue. He watched Ben while I laid on the couch blowing my nose and reading Entertainment Weekly and New Moon (shut up--no judging). He cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He made me tea. He did the laundry. This afternoon I awoke from a nap to the smell of cookies baking and the sight of my man cheerfully changing his son's diaper--which, let me tell you, is no small task. Thanks to rice cereal, every poopy diaper begets a new outfit and ten minutes of a complete babywipe sponge bath and onesie hose-down in the bathroom sink. I have learned very quickly to not get attached to any of my son's clothes.
But I digress. Thanks to Matthew the Magnificent I have been able to get loads of guilt-free rest this weekend, thus speeding my recovery, and I now feel well enough to face the week. Well, health-wise. Emotionally is a whole other story. But that's a blog for a different day. Today I am simply thankful for an incredible husband.
By the by, the above photo is in no way connected to this weekend. It's from an 80s prom night at our church a few years ago. I just thought you might want to see this amazing man in all of his glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment