It's been a crazy summer. I've got two weeks left and I feel like I just started. Yikes! But there are lots of reasons why it's been crazy. Not bad, just busy. Busy busy busy.
Exhibit A: We didn't start summer until the penultimate Thursday of June. Whoa. Late.
Exhibit B: Emma kicked off summer vacation with a nasty ear infection. The Monday after school got out we were in the doctor's office getting some antibiotics. The following Saturday she woke up with a fever of 103ish (I don't remember the exact number). So we hauled off to Urgent Care to get her stronger antibiotics. Then we pumped her full of Tylenol and hit the road for a family reunion. Parents of the Year.
Exhibit C: Visitors, visitors, visitors! We were super blessed to have just about everyone we know out for a sunny So Cal vacation. And since we're super popular, we were busy bees.
Exhibit D: While we were aiming for a spring baby, God had other plans. So we had another summer baby. Which means our sweet little cherubs have birthdays that are a mere 10 days apart. (Their due dates were just one day apart!) Since it was Emma's first birthday, we were going to do the party for her. Yes, yes, I know she doesn't care. But I do, so back off. I wasn't going to do a party for Ben, just do something fun and amazing and special, but Ben really wanted a Star Wars birthday party. I didn't want him to feel like now that Emma was here she got parties and he didn't. Then people bullied me on Facebook. So we threw two birthday parties in two weeks. Never. Again. Too much for this mama to handle. Not to mention the fact that since we split the guest list, we offended all our friends and family by inviting them to one party but not the other. So...yeah. Never. Again. But yay for birthdays!
Exhibit E: Once the visitors all went home and the birthdays were over, we settled in to "start" our summer. Then our lives fell apart. So there was that.
Anyway, enough with the excuses. I'm taking a break from Nap Crafting today to catch up on this little blog. (Speaking of Nap Crafting--last night after the kids went to bed I whipped up myself some comfy shorts, turned on the TV, and worked on some knitting. Who am I?!?!?!)
No comments:
Post a Comment