Yeah, yeah, I don't blog anymore. I have my reasons.
Life these days is hectic. Ben's loving preschool (so much so that he's pooped his pants twice because he didn't want to leave the playground to take care of business--awesome). He cracks me up all day with his quips. The other night, during his usual dinner embargo, he said he couldn't eat his dinner because "it hurts my elbow." My former assistant principal is now his principal, and he checks in on Ben for me occasionally. Apparently he's known for his one-liners. Also, he caught sight of his fleece winter jammies in the closet. It's currently 80 degrees, but he's running around in them at this very moment, at 3:52pm. He's awesome.
Emma is a beauty queen with sass. She's got a gorgeous smile that she doesn't flash too often. But man, when she does...well, pray for us during middle school. She still cries and pukes, but it's abating. She's even occasionally blessing us with a five-hour sleep stint some nights. Mornings and evenings between med doses are rough. But we're working through it. We've found a winning soothing combo in swaddling, the pacifier, a dark room, and the hair dryer. Because running your hair dryer on the bathroom counter a dozen times a day is probably some kind of ha zard, I got a hair dryer app on my iPod. Then once she's calm, she really likes Bon Iver, particularly "Holocene." Suck it, reflux and colic. I will beat you.
Cloth diapering update: in case you were wondering, hemp inserts are better overnight doublers than microfiber ones. Also, night stuffing for a newborn creates Super Ghetto Diaper Booty. Still sticking with my fuzzibunz and bumgenius choices with a side of covers and prefolds.
Last weekend we made our triumphant return to Disneyland after the long blacked-out summer. It was Emma's first time. She loved it. I know this because she slept most of the day. In other news, we might move to Disneyland.
So that's life these days.
4 comments:
I love you, Shannon Renee!!!!!!!!!
I love it! And, I love you all! This is so great . . .
You're not blocked out, we're not blocked out...let's throw bed-time to the wind and meet up sometime after the hubbies get home. Good idea or bad idea?
GREAT idea. Let's do it.
Post a Comment