All kinds of miracles and milestones happening in the last 24 hours in this house.
- 2-month check-up yesterday morning for Little E. At 10 pounds, 8 ounces and 22 inches she’s hanging around the 25th percentile, which is great for a GERDy baby.
- During her Hour of Power yesterday evening, Emma laid contentedly in her swing. Not crying. That’s right, folks. She did not cry her way through the 4-7 slot. Money.
- After a 10:30pm feeding at our bedtime, Emma only woke up once during the night to nurse. ONCE. And she skipped the 3:00-3:30 scream-fest altogether. Not a peep until 6:15am, at which point I gave her her pacifier and she dozed another 45 minutes. Hellooooo sleep.
- Emma’s not the only one hitting milestones. Benjamin wanted in on the action as well. This morning he had his first “I’m going to mortify my mom by saying completely inappropriate things because I’m little and have no idea what social boundaries are” moment. As we walked outside our front door our neighbor (who Ben sees just about every day) was passing by. Ben said, “He has a baby in his belly.” To which I awkwardly replied that only women can have babies in their bellies. To which Ben responded with, “He has a really big belly.” So our popularity in the neighborhood just kicked up a couple of notches.
But whatever, because Emma slept like a champ last night, and she’s been napping like a champ all day. Winning.
Other things that have happened since I got up yesterday morning: I ran over the largest screw on the planet pulling into Kaiser and had to get two new tires, Ben was up late last night coughing and puking, and Ben has been on a nap strike because he’s “scared of the dark.” At 2:00 in the afternoon.
Now here’s a random, un-related picture of my kiddos watching Thomas. Because people only look on this blog for pictures. (Side note: I don’t normally let Emma watch TV, I promise. I just put her next to Ben to take a picture, because it sounded fun.)
No comments:
Post a Comment