Last week we had the jog-a-thon at school. I did not spend 48 hours making team shirts, and I did not pee my pants. Remarkable. My take-home memory this time around: when I said I'd be doing it with them, one of my students asked me, "Are pregnant people allowed to run?" I assured him that "pregnant people" can do whatever they want, and that I would be walking. For half of it. Because that's all my principal would allow me to do. But seriously, it had been a week and a half since I'd pooped (thanks, Zofran!) and that needed to change. I can't really put up pics because most are of my students. But here's one of my buddy Jana and I (and the peach!).
So other than walking for a half an hour and not peeing my pants, we've had a very eventful week. Well, a week whose ramifications will make March a very eventful month. I had my doctor's appointment to check on the Peach. I had to go off my meds for a couple of days and go on different meds so I could poo. Then I went back on my Zofran, although a lower dosage, which I will hopefully be weened from soon and be med free (and hopefully still be able to keep my lunch). In a couple of weeks, Matt has to go on a business trip to Kentucky. For two weeks. I could not hate this more. Oh wait, is that not lame enough? My mom is going on a (shorter) business trip to New York at the same time. Still not enough for you? Ben's babysitter got a new job. Fantastic for her. Really awful for us. I truly am excited for her--it's a great opportunity for her and her family. But it could not come at a worse time. Did I mention that she starts right when Matt leaves for Kentucky? So...to sum up: in two weeks my husband and mom and babysitter all leave at the same time. Oops--am I leaving out that this is the same week I have an all-day curriculum training conference, a BTSA meeting, and Open House?
I hate March and it hasn't even started.
We are taking steps to ensure that I do not lose my mind and go into pre-term labor on account of stress. We are buying a webcam so that Ben and I can talk to Matt every night, we're setting up meetings with potential babysitters, and Ben's current babysitter has graciously agreed to continue to watch Ben (and do her new job at the same time) while Matt is gone so that my sweet little boy's entire world does not fall apart all at once.
I am also taking offers of playdates for what will certainly be the longest two weeks of my life. Any takers?
1 comment:
Dear Benjamin,
Ask if Daddy would drop you off in Arkansas on his way to Kentucky so you and I could hang out and play for two whole weeks! Mommy could teach and do training and Open House and get lots and lots of rest. And when the three of you get back together, it'll be better than ever. Okay, so your parents probably won't go for this. But it was fun for Auntie Sue to think about for awhile. If I didn't live a million miles away (well, 1,500 miles seems like a million) I would LOVE to play with you until Mommy finds a new day-nanny. I love you, Benjamin!
xoxoxox....Auntie Sue
Post a Comment