Yesterday and today Ben and I are at home while he recovers from Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. Yesterday there was some serious laundry silliness. While I was folding our freshly washed clothes, Ben grabbed a pair of my underwear, put it on his head, and ran around the house saying, "I'm a doctor!" Then he put it on my face and said "Mommy's a doctor! Feel my chest!" The crazy progressed from there. At one point he was wearing two pairs of my underpants on his head, at another he was wearing Matt's underpants over his pajamas. He also randomly grabbed my face and smothered me with kisses. Not only did I just let it happen, but I laughed and actively participated in this totally inappropriate game. Because seriously, if I had to play cars for one more minute, or re-enact the closing scene from Toy Story 3 when Andy gives Bonnie all of his toys one more time, I was going to bury myself in the laundry forever. And because it was very very funny.
Speaking of funny, last night I went in to check on him before I went to bed, as I always do (habit from the wheezing days). Instead of continuing to sleep soundly without moving, or at most rolling over, he sat up, grabbed his blankie, slipped out of bed, and drunkenly stumbled out of his room, down the hallway, and into the living room, where he stopped in front of the couch, laid his head on it, and closed his eyes. Matt and I were laughing uncontrollably, as silently as possible, maybe peeing a little. I picked up my little sleep-walker; he grinned widely, eyes still closed, and laid his head on my shoulder. I put him back in his bed, slipped out of his room, and just about fell onto the floor laughing.
This kid is a riot.
In other news, his freaky weird disease is clearing up. He still gets random breakouts on his hands and feet (they swell up and blister), but they're not nearly as bad as the weekend flare-ups. Yay!
1 comment:
Nice underoos!
Post a Comment