It happened again.
It's like the fact that I wrote about all the vomiting that's been going on lately reminded Satan about vomit's excellent ability to make me miserable, and he just ran with it. Booooo.
Okay, so Ben and I went down to Matt's work to take him out to lunch. We went to Wahoo's. We ate rice and beans. Then Ben made the face. That same damn face. He asked me to hold him; I did. Moments later, we are both covered in vomit. Because we were in a crowded, public place where people were eating, I didn't wait for the onslaught to finish, I just covered his face with his sweatshirt and ran to the bathroom, where THANK GOD during the 15 minutes we were in there no one else came in. What are the chances? Angels had to have been stationed outside. Why else would the only restroom in a crowded restaurant during the lunch rush stay empty? Big, beefy, angels, probably with swords. Anyway, while Gabriel and Michael stood guard outside, I stripped Ben, mopped up the floor with paper towels, sponge-bathed Ben with paper towels, and otherwise auditioned for an episode of Modern Family. I slid around on the vomit-covered floor, reassuring Ben, who was crying because he "burped" on Mommy's clothes. I emptied the small trashcan into the big one and stuffed our vomit clothes into the trash liner. I rinsed my blouse off in the sink and quickly realized that while I had come prepared with an extra pair of clothes for Ben, I had nothing for myself, and there was vomit on every article of clothing I had on. So I wiped my pants down with a wet paper towel and decided that since I had clearly abandoned my dignity four pukes ago there was no shame in leaving that restroom in smelly pants, a see-through white undershirt tank top, and pink bra. Holding my barefoot and smelly kid. And a bag of puke-covered clothes. Aaaaaaaall the way through the crowded restaurant, because the restroom was aaaaaaall the way back in the corner.
I emailed his doctor, and she said it was a common side effect of hand foot and mouth.
Sweet little B. Please pray for my miserable little boy. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment