Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Disneyland Stole my Phone and my Money

Okay, so maybe stole isn't the right word. Maybe I (semi) voluntarily gave them my money when Ben fell in love with a stuffed Winnie the Pooh and my bleeding mother's heart caved. And maybe I lost my phone, somewhere in the vicinity of the Pooh store or ride. And maybe I bought an overpriced hot dog because I was starving and didn't want to wait until I got home to have lunch. Let's just say it was an expensive day at the park. BUT, glory of glories, someone actually turned my phone in! So as soon as Matt gets around to calling them back, I will no longer have to live in the pre-cell phone dark ages. And Ben carries his pal Pooh around everywhere.

For the record, I actively avoided the Pooh phase. I just felt like it was so cliche. But it was on TV one day, so I recorded it, and Ben hasn't looked back. When we went to D-land the other day it was the only ride he wanted to go on. Once we went on it, he went into the store (of course the ride dumps you off into a store), and he just wanted to stay there and play with the Pooh toys for the rest of the day. When we left with Pooh he said he was done and wanted to go home. We'd seriously done nothing but the Pooh ride and the Pooh store. This from the kid who talks constantly about wanting to go to Disneyland.

I forced him to do a few more things, like go on the island to see if my uncle was working and see Mickey. But he wouldn't go on anymore rides, and other than being excited about Mickey once we got there (if only to show him Pooh), he just kept asking to go home. So I grabbed a lunch, despite the fact it was only 11 and Ben kept saying he didn't want any (sometimes I have to win--and he ate anyway, big shocker), then we hit the lost and found and went home.






1 comment:

Kara said...

I'm beginning to think that I will make a conviction to not have any convictions about what my kids will like or not like. So many moms I know vowed that their daughters would never wear pink. Others that their kids would never eat fast food, etc, etc...