Sunday, November 7, 2010

Weekend Fun is for Suckers

Ben caught my cold. So now we are spending our weekend watching movies. Well, that's what I wish we were doing. Unfortunately Ben did not get the memo that he's sick. While I would have loved to sleep yesterday away, Ben woke up at 5:30 and took a one-hour nap. I laid down on the couch under a blanket. He crawled over me, roaring like a dinosaur. Sometimes, just to shake things up, he'd stand on my arm then jump and land on his knees on my neck. At one point I was laying on the floor while he played with his cars on the couch. He simply took his snack and then rode me like a horse. Then he leaned over and whispered in my ear "I yuv you Mommy." All the while snot is dripping all over my face and body. I love him. I want him to go to bed like a normal sick person.


Matthew is very sweet and is *trying* to give me the sick day I gave him a few weeks ago. But dads are dads. Every time I'd curl up in bed and start to drift off into blissful sleep, the bedroom door would swing open, Ben would run up to the bed, climb up, and start jumping, and Matt would ask me a question about what to feed him or if he should give B any medicine. I did manage to squeeze a little rest in, and Matt made us chicken noodle soup for dinner. Ben slept 12 hours last night, so that was good. The unfortunate thing, though, is that it's "fall back," which means sleeping 12 hours got him up at 5:30am. It's going to be a long day. I may be covered in bruises by the end if this dinosaur phase continues much longer...

No comments: