Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Random Things

1. Benjamin asked for a pillow the other day. As in, "Mother, I desire to sleep with a pillow now. Please get me one." I put my pillow in his bed and he went nuts with joy and excitement. But I couldn't let him keep my pillow because I need it. So we went to Target and got him a pillow. He clutched it and said, "I love you, Pillow!" Then I went to find a pillow case. I thought this would be a good opportunity to update his bedroom. He's had the same decor since day one, and since he's not really into sailboats and he'll be ready for a toddler bed soon (yikes!), I figured hey, seize the day or whatever. So we checked toddler bedding. They had two sets: Cars and Toy Story. Ben loves both, but I have this thing about not wanting to drop the big bucks to decorate a room for a phase. Besides, he didn't seem too jazzed about those as much as the Dora. I decided to see more options. So we went to Bed Bath and Beyond, which had no toddler bedding at all. On to Pottery Barn. It's pricey, but I think it's nice for the occasional splurge. I also think buying one set of good quality bedding that will last will cost about as much money as constantly needing to replace the cheap stuff. And I'd had my eye on some Curious George bedding for a while. So we went to Pottery Barn (B calls it Poo Barn). Long story short, no Curious George toddler bedding, only train ones, which I liked but wasn't sold on. So we went home with no pillow case at all. Matt stuck a t-shirt on his new pillow, and Ben went to bed a new boy. Last night was a different story. He refused to go to bed at all. It was not pretty. We'd gone to Pottery Barn and gotten the train sheeting. It was Matt's night on duty, and he ended up reading a million books. I sang a million songs. Ben ended up pulling the train cover off the pillow case, taking off his pajama shirt, trying to wear the pillow case, crying because it didn't fit, then asking for his Buzz shirt, which has short sleeves. Within 45 minutes of starting the bedtime process Ben was in his short-sleeved Buzz shirt and monkey bottoms crying himself to sleep on a naked, old pillow (he didn't end up liking his as much as my old one). After he fell asleep I went and covered him with our couch afghan because it was 50 degrees.

2. Benjamin woke up at 6:35 this morning. That was the latest he's slept in since Saturday. Booooooooooo.

3. I had a really good day at work yesterday.

4. Ben is still not completely better, but I didn't want to take another sick day (I took one on Monday), especially since this is a 3-day week and I don't want to lose all my sick days. I'm sending him to the babysitter's with a residual cough. I'm still sick. My mom's sick now. I've been debating for three days on whether or not to take any of us to the doctor.

5. I'm knitting a new blanket for Ben. It's freaking awesome. It's taking me forever, but I don't care because I love it so much.

6. I love this time of year. Like a lot. Fall is my favorite. Well, it usually is. This year it's been hard because one week it's 100 degrees, the next it's 65, the next it's 80, and so on and so forth. Thus all of the sickness. Yesterday it was the mid-60s, but tomorrow it's supposed to be 80 again. Then back to 65 next week. I might die.


I have to go to work now.

2 comments:

"Grammy" Sue B said...

I love your blog, but I love you more.
(((hugs))) from Auntie Sue

Israel Food Outreach said...

Well said, Granddaughter! Such good writing. Love you .. Nana