Saturday, November 20, 2010

State of the Union

Less than a week and I already failed in the picture of the day. Whatever. Since it's my game I say it doesn't have to be every day. So there.

It's been a while since I've actually talked on here, so allow me to fill you in on the goings-on of our little home.

Basically nothing. We work, we play, we go to the mall and have free play time in the Disney Store, Puzzle Zoo, and Pottery Barn, and we just generally live our lives. For whatever reason we just always seem to have something going on so we haven't had any adventures in quite some time. Last weekend would have been a perfect time for an adventure since I had a four-day weekend, but unfortunately Ben and I were both sick and I ruined the perfectly good weekend with my anal perfectionism and an inordinate and implacable need to rearrange and redecorate our house. NOW. I've also had approximately one thousand meetings and trainings to be at for work, which has basically sucked out my will to live. So...we don't do much these days.

But today feels a little different. Well, we're not really doing anything. But it's the good kind of not doing anything. Ben woke up really early, which was lame, but he's done that every day since the time change. But we watched TV, played with Cars and Legos, ate oatmeal, and didn't change out of our pj's until about 11:00 when we realized we had not food and needed to run some errands. But rest assured, within an hour and a half we were back home in our pj's playing and relaxing. Today rules. And tonight we might actually make it to church, which is a Thanksgiving miracle. At least one of us has been sick for about a month running, so we're pretty excited to all be moderately healthy at the same time. Although I won't lie--a part of me is considering not going to church tonight because I don't want to risk Ben getting sick for Thanksgiving the second year in a row. As you may recall, last year Thanksgiving fell a little short of awesome. I really want to not spend another holiday at Kaiser, thank you very much. Today Ben will finish his first round of antibiotics of the season, and I'm hoping for a break before the next one. And I want to have a fun week. Although it won't be entirely fun because I have to go to the DMV. Definitely my choice for a good use of break time.

Other random things: Matt and I got new phones that we love, Matt got a new iPod touch for his birthday and I got his old one (yikes! I should probably already be in a three-stop program for the addiction that is imminent). Matt's birthday was underwhelming because we had to spend it at Kaiser (obviously). But he got the iPod, so he's set. It's got a camera, and he's been experimenting. Check out his facebook page for some fun shots. I've become a pretty good cook.

In other news, Google's being a nerd and is claiming I have no more room for pictures. So until I figure out how to fight The Man, I will not be able to post many pictures. I'm pretty sure the government's to blame. The California one. Damn budget crisis.

The Three Musketeers

Second Annual Gibbs/Miller Pumpkin Patch
 











the boy loves to paint



he's finally big enough for his bike, so we're working on that
We have a pretty exciting month or two coming up. I love love love this time of year. I love rainy days, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and hot chocolate. LOVE. So I'm pretty much in love with life right now. I have a full nine days off for Thanksgiving, which I will spend baking and playing with my son, cuddling with my husband, and standing in line at the DMV. Then I go back for three weeks, then there are two weeks off. In the interim I will perform in a little kids' Christmas at church, ride the Christmas train at Irvine Park, decorate the house for Christmas, watch Christmas movies with my boys, drink buckets of hot chocolate, shop, make and eat cookies and other treats, paint and play with the boys, read yummy books, and go to Legoland (thanks again, Megan!). We have three Christmases at home (one of which we're hosting), then it's up to northern California for the third time in four months for a week for two more Christmases. Did I mention the hot chocolate? Busy bees we will be.

1 comment:

"Grammy" Sue B said...

I LOVE YOU!
I LOVE BEN!
I LOVE MATT, even tho I don't know him very well, but because he is your hubby and Ben's daddy.
There's a picture of Ben by the "CHECK OUT" sign, which should read "CHECK OUT the cute kid!"
About your Christmas baking/cooking....Are you going to make "pudge" like when you were a little girl? So many things to love about you!
I loved our phone chat today when Ben called me but let you talk to me too. Hearing your voice reminds me of how much I love you...and miss you!
When we are in Calif we MUST visit! Until then, (((hugs))) and xxxkissesxxx...Auntie Sue