This evening the B and I went to the park for our weekly date. We ran and played. B made a new friend, a little boy just his age. They played together for a little bit (so cute) then B went to play with a few "big girls" (they were like seven). They were gathered around the little bouncy dolphin holding up small twigs. B smartly grabbed himself a twig, walked over to the girls, said "hi!" all cheerfully, then tried to sword fight them. One of the girls looked at him and said, "um, could you please go away? we're trying to do something." Ben grinned from ear to ear and cheerfully said, "stick!"
Eventually I was able to guide him away from his besties. We then ran in the big field. B found a tree branch, which he brandished along with his stick. He ran and ran, so full of joy. All the way over to the couple making out in some sleeping bags under the tree. Then I joyfully guided him back, where we ran into our neighbors, B's true besties, who were having a picnic lunch. While they ate B found the nearest giant puddle (and when I say puddle I mean Lake Orange County) and ran through it. Over and over and over again. Like he was in Disneyland. Eventually his girl finished her sandwich and joined him. She was barefoot, so she was slipping and sliding all over. Ben started imitating her. Eventually her brother finished eating and joined them. Within minutes there were three two-year-olds rolling and splashing in the mud like it was the best day of their lives, laughing so hard they were probably peeing. Good thing they were wearing diapers.
Unfortunately my camera died right when the fun started. But seriously--cutest. thing. ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment