Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rocktober

This last weekend we did a whirlwind tour of Nor Cal, and I know you're all dying to hear about Benjamin's wedding debut. But I'm going to have to put that post off for now ('cause it's gonna be a long one).

What I'm here to tell you about today is our perfect day yesterday. I know what you're thinking. Shannon, how could yesterday possibly have been a perfect day? You got home from a super long drive at 3:30 in the morning and Ben got up at 8:00. You had hardly any sleep and I'm sure Ben was a ball of energy all day, plus you had to clean, do laundry, unpack--how could that possibly have been good?

Oh but it was. And it wasn't just good, it was glorious.

First off it was cloudy and rainy. You know how I feel about cloudy and rainy days in Orange County. They are paradoxically a bright spot in otherwise boring year-round weather. We had the slowest morning ever. We curled up on the couch and watched Chuggington, caught up on Facebook, and unpacked a few essentials. We went out to breakfast at 9:45 then went grocery shopping. We got home, put our sweats on, and played, relaxed, edited pictures from the weekend, had a snack-y lunch, then took a nap. We laid on the couch in mid-afternoon in our sweats with a blanket and watched Mad Men. When Ben woke up from his nap we cuddled and watched a half an hour of Madagascar. We had beef stew for dinner then went to the mall, where I returned Ben's wedding shoes (forgot to bring them to the wedding) and bought Ben's Halloween costume, which was $10 off. Then Matt played video games while I had a glass of wine and read a good book.






I want to marry yesterday and make little Fall babies with it.

No comments: