
So I'm having one of those rare and terrible days where, gulp, I miss my pre-Ben life. Things have been stressful lately for the Millers, and today I would like to lay around in my sweats, read, and watch TV. I would like to order a pizza, throw down the blankets, and have a lazy day wherein I shirk all responsibilities. Instead of taking two days to watch one episode of So You Think You Can Dance and two months to read Tom Sawyer, I would like to curl up for a good ER marathon or read an entire book in one sitting.
Instead I will play crawling tag, change a thousand or so diapers, sort blocks, read The Very Busy Spider 800 times, change activities every ten minutes, make a healthy non-pizza lunch and dinner while a 21 pound moaning monkey crawls up my legs, use said monkey's nap time to study American History, and attempt to be a good mother who relishes every precious moment with her insanely adorable child.
1 comment:
I didn't know you like Bud Light. You must have inherited that from your dad. (Sorry....I couldn't resist the sarcasm. Honestly, I love your dad. He has been very VERY kind throughout your Uncle Millard's illness.)
I love you too, dear one. Soak up as much of little boy as you can because when he grows up and is tearing up the town with bike and skateboard...THEN you can read and watch TV...in the ER while the doc is putting on a colorful cast on Ben's limbs!!
(((hugz)))...Auntie Sue
Post a Comment