Friday, July 10, 2009

Lake Tahoe: Day Four

Thursday began, of course, around 5:30. The good thing about that day, though, was that Ben eventually fell back asleep around 7:00 and slept until about 7:45. So we did have a bit of a reprieve. Which was good because Thursday was the big day. We loaded up around 9:30 and spent most of the day in the boat. We tried the other infant life vest on Ben, and, happily, new life vest = new baby. MUCH better. He actually slept for most of the trip to Emerald Bay.


We pulled the boat right up to the shore and spent the early afternoon having lunch and playing on the beach.



After a bit we packed back into the boat and went back, stopping so Matt could "tube" (the vernacular for "flagrantly risking your neck by holding onto a raft-like device while the driver of the boat speeds to and fro trying to throw you off"). I didn't get any pictures of Matt tube-ing because I was busy trying to distract an increasingly wary traveler. ("Look Ben, there's Daddy! Isn't he crazy? No baby, Mommy's not trying to inflict abuse onto you by confining you into a foam vest in which you cannot move or breathe. I promise it's because I love you...")

After boat time, Ben slept, Paul and Alysa went to the lake, Amy, Sean, and Kylie went to the store, and Matt and I crashed on the couch and watched Clear and Present Danger (believe me, after a week of Noggin, it was a really good movie). We dined on pizza, sent the kids to bed, and stayed up late talking and watching comedians online.

No comments: