Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Couple of Gourds

So I've been noticing a proliferation of "baby at the pumpkin patch" pictures on my friends' myspaces, facebooks, and blogs. Never one to miss out on a trend (that's actually the opposite of true), we jumped on that orange bandwagon. Just a few problems: 1) Costa Mesa is strangely devoid of fall gardens; I mean, at a beach where it's been a million degrees since May, who would have thought? The nearest true patch is in Irvine; by the time we drove there he would undoubtedly be asleep, or almost so. 2) Ben is three months old and, while he is pretty advanced in terms of sitting abilities, he's still pretty tipsy. And a baby laying next to a pumpkin is just not as cute as a baby sitting with one. 3) We've been ridiculously busy. So....we did the next best thing. We borrowed a neighbor's pumpkin, put it and Ben together on a blanket in the library, and took some pictures. The result? Unmitigated cuteness. Behold our progeny.

.

2 comments:

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Love it! Thanks for that, it brought a smile to my face! I would prop my baby up next to a pumpkin but he/she is still in my womb. That would be just weird.

heathyr said...

You crack me up you know that?
I can't believe he can sit like that already. That's way advanced. He looks older than 3 months!