Once More Unto the Breech
I find it interesting how I accept change. When I found out I was pregnant, I lay awake the entire night, staring at the wall and going back and forth between wondering if this was one of my weird "what-if" daydreams or if it was actually real. For a while it was as if I was "trying it out." I had some sort of temporary life change. No use freaking out about it--everything will be back to normal soon. The same thing happened when I had Ben. I went to a routine checkup and found out I was in labor. The whole hospital stay, at least until I started pushing, was another temporary thing. And again when we brought Ben home. Any time now the hospital would call and say "Okay, we'll go ahead and take him back now."
I find myself back in that place of seemingly temporary change. Last week going back to work seemed like a "vacation" from the stay at home mom life. And every time I came home from work, I would see Ben's sweet smiling face and know that there was no need to freak out--everything would be back to normal soon.There is a new normal. Time to adjust.
Once more unto the breech, dear friends, once more;Or close up the wall with our English dead.
No comments:
Post a Comment