Monday, September 29, 2008

Pretending

I'm pretending it's actually fall.

I just took a nice warm shower (partly for the soothing effect, partly because of the spit-up) with my favorite Bath and Body Works aromatherapy body wash. I've changed into my sweatpants (the ones that are hanging together by threads--the best kind) and a tank top. I've toasted some s'mores poptarts and made a cup of decaf coffee with hot chocolate mixed in. And I'm curling up on the couch wrapped in a blanket to watch some TV with my hubby.

Yes, I know it's 8:20pm and 70 degrees. But it's supposed to be fall, and I've had a rough day. And when I've had a rough day, I like to go to my happy place, which is me, all snuggled up and relaxed. And if I have to turn on all the fans and pretend I don't live in Orange County, then that's what I'll do.

To the happy place I go...

No comments: