Saturday, November 26, 2011

The World According to Ben

Another edition of Awesome Stuff My Kid Says.


At Urgent Care, trying to find out why he's been throwing up for a week...

(referring to a man in green scrubs) "Mommy who's that green man?"
Me: "He's a nurse."
B: "Are you a nurse?"
Me: "No, I'm a teacher."
B: "No, you're not a teacher. You're just a mom."

(after peeing in a cup) "Mommy can I have my pee pee in a cup?"
(when the doctor came in) "Mommy show him my pee pee in a cup."
(when the doctor took his pee cup to run tests) "Mommy where is he taking my pee pee in a cup? I want to keep it. Can I have it? Is that a good deal?"
(After we'd been there for a while) "Mommy we need to get out of here to get some fresh air and have some fun."

When the power went out, Matt bought some supplies, including a lantern, which Ben wanted to keep in his room. His reason?

"Boys need light."

Today at the mall...

B: "Mommy can you hold me?"
Me: "No. You're too big for me to carry around the mall. You need to walk."
B: "But little boys need mommies to hold."

Yeah...I held him. And I told Matt that I was melting into a mommy puddle. To which Ben cried,

"Mommy don't melt into a puddle!"

Do you kind of wish a little bit that he was part of your home? Too bad. He's mine.

5 comments:

"Grammy" Sue B said...

I love "Wonder Boy". He is a brilliant combo of Daddy and Mommy. But since I have know Mommy all her life, and know her personality and traits, I must say that Ben is a "mini me" of his Mommy. (Sorry Matt.) I can hardly wait until Emma's personality blossoms! These blog posts will be supercalifragilisticexpialadocious!
Love you, #1 niece! ..Auntie Sue..

Ang D said...

Oh dear...mommies do need boys to hold! I hope mine comes up with something sort of close to these! So cute! At least he keeps you smiling through all the trauma!

Friends of Families Foundation said...

I am glad he is part mine too!

Israel Food Outreach said...

SO ditto to all of you!

Israel Food Outreach said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.