Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The First Day

Our first day. Ben is inside watching Cars 2 and coughing his lungs out.
We did it. We survived. Ben stayed home sick with Matt while Emma and I began our new life.

We looked good. I bawled my head off. Emma did great with her nanny. I felt a little like I was drowning in mucus and a school year in full swing. Very overwhelming. More overwhelming? My realization at the end of the day that I will be doing this again. And again. Five days a week for eight months.

My kids seem awesome. While I feel very overwhelmed with catching up and diving in, I'm looking forward to getting to know them and being an idiot in front of them teaching. But...overwhelmed. That's the word of the day. The week. Probably the year.

It's 6:30am, and I need to pack lunches, make breakfast, get three people dressed, and get out of the house.

Once more unto the breech...

No comments: