In just a few days Ben will be 3 years and 4 months old. Oh. My. Gosh. Where has the time gone?
This guy…well, of all the little boys in the world, he is by far my favorite. His imagination blows my mind. He pretends like no one’s business. He never ever stops talking, and what comes out is almost always absolutely hysterical. He’s been sick all week, so we’ve been watching a lot of movies Cars 2. The other day he told Matt, “We’re going to watch Cars 2 and then Madagascar Christmas, okay? Does that sound like a good deal?”
Favorite Common Ben Phrases:
“That’s a good deal.” (referring to something he wants)
“I need ____________. It will feel me better (Ben for “make me feel better”).”
“ I love _________ (insert random, mundane anything). It’s my favorite.”
“That’s what boys do.” (referring to anything he is doing at the moment)
Recent Favorite One-Liners:
5:30 this morning, he comes into my room while I’m sleeping and whispers, “Mommy, Emma pooped. Do you want me to change her?”
Thursday, at the doctor’s for his double ear infection. “Mommy, I’m not sick, you’re sick. You’re going to see the doctor, okay? I’m here for you. I’ll wait for you, okay?”
I could go on for pages. Everything his says is funny, even when he’s mad. We try not to laugh, but we can’t help it. Which leads him to say, “It’s not funny. I’m being berry serious.” Kills me.
He loves his little sister to pieces. The first night she slept in his room was the best night of his life. Whenever she’s not around he misses her. When she cries he runs to her crying, “I’m coming, Emma! Don’t worry Peanut Butter! I got you!” I could cry it’s so sweet. But I don’t have time, because I need to beat him to her or he’ll pick her up. He loves to hold her, pat her back, call her pet names like Peanut Butter and Sweetheart, and kiss her. One day he’ll ask me to take her back to the hospital, and when they’re older he’ll probably despise her. But right now he’s the best big brother ever, and it melts my mama heart.
He loves preschool. His best friend is Dylan, who has “twisty hair.” He loves puzzles, books, trains, cars, and dirt. He is full of joy and love. He loves to cuddle with me. I know that will someday go away, so I’m milking it while I can. When I pick him up from school he runs into my arms, grinning from ear to ear. He wants to do everything by himself, and he feels so proud and big when he accomplishes things. He loves his daddy, and their favorite activity together is rocking out.
I’m passionately in love with him. He makes my life infinitely better.
2 comments:
And all these months I thought her name was "Peach". Leave it to little man to change her name.
Dear Ben...Auntie Sue loves you to bits! You do such a good job to love and care for your Peanut Butter baby sis.
Auntie Sue loves her Miller Family SO MUCH!!!!
So sweet! I hope you are writing down all his cute phrases. My mom kept a notebook of ours and reading it aloud is one of our favorite things to do when we are all together. :)
Post a Comment